Imagine undergoing a complex dental treatment like a root canal, extraction, or oral surgery while sleeping the entire time. We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods
- A hard time getting and staying numb from anesthetics
- A patient with a strong gag reflex
- A patient with a small mouth or jaw pain
- Fear of pain, needles, or blood
Sedation dentistry allows your doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist.
- Nitrous Oxide: Commonly known as laughing gas, it comes in the form of a gas mixed with oxygen that allow you to breathe in through a mask. You will instantly feel relaxed and comfortable. You will remain conscious throughout the entire procedure but may feel lethargic. The effects wear off almost instantly when the mask is taken off.
- Oral Sedation: Our office can also prescribe you a pill to pick up at your local pharmacy before you appointment to help you relax. Again, you will remain awake and conscious throughout the treatment and will need to make plans of getting home from the office.
- IV Sedation: For the most concerned patients, we also offer IV Sedation. This is generally only used for oral surgery procedures like extractions, root canals, dental implants and pulling of wisdom teeth. IV sedation will actually put you to sleep and you will need to arrange plans of getting home after your appointment.
There is no need to be nervous about having sedation dentistry at our practice. We are licensed by the American Dental Association, and have extensive training in this area.
Please contact our office to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry to find out which sedation dentistry method may be right for you.